Friday, August 05, 2005

Gripe!

I ordered this stuff from this bird supply company. It never showed up. UPS showed it being stuck in Illinois for more than a week. Called UPS to find out what was going on. They said that the sender would have to contact them. Emailed the company and asked them to contact UPS to find out what's going on. The company sent out a replacement package but were out of the perch I had ordered and sent another one that is too big for the intended purpose. Both packages showed up on the same day. When the company told me they were sending a new package, I asked them what they wanted me to do in the event that this happened. They did not respond. When both showed up, I shot off an email and said, thanks, I have both packages, what do you want me to do with the extra stuff and wrong perch?

They want me to mail it back to them, of course. Okay, my problem is that the fucking shipping cost as much as both things I ordered combined and it took me three weeks to get my stuff. I didn't *ask* them to send me this extra package w/ the wrong fucking perch. IF they had included a prepaid shipping label, I would be delighted to send the extra back to them. They did not do that. Why the FUCK should I have to pay to ship their stuff back to them and go to the time and trouble to do so when I already paid to have it sent to me and none of this was a problem on my part.

6 Comments:

Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I would call them and tell that that exact thing- it's their mistake and you're not paying for it.

8:50 PM  
Blogger TripleNine said...

Stumbled across your blog randomly. Find it very interesting, but am wondering what kind of birds you have and train. Any thing cool like falcons?

9:37 PM  
Blogger Alexandria The Great said...

It is their fault, not yours. Don't pay for it!

9:42 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

My friend, E, came up with a great response: great, I will get it in the mail as soon as you send me a pre-paid shipping label :)

Hi triplenine, my bird is a green cheek conure. Getting a falconry license takes a 2 year apprenticeship but bird trainer dude has falcons (as well as a bunch of other raptors) and bases his training system on falconry.

Enjoyed your blog Alexandria :)

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think parrots are pretty cool. Ever hear a falcon say, "I love you"?? :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Screw them. Tell them that you'd be more than happy to send the package that you didn't ask for ONLY if they send you a pre-paid shipping thing.

Please let me know what company you used so that I can avoid them. No use giving them more business if they're screw-ups!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home