Sunday, February 12, 2006

Scratch that

Now my brother is not coming home to take a break. I don't know whether I really am worried about and for him or if I'm just bummed that I won't get to hang out with him.

In the last month he's gone from:
  1. moving out of his place and taking the money he'll get from it as a down payment on buying a place in Brooklyn
  2. moving out of his place and going to Japan for a year
  3. moving out of his place and coming home for a couple of months to figure out what he wants to do and where he wants to be
  4. moving out of his place, moving in with a couple of friends in Brooklyn
The only certainty is that he's moving out of his place.

I had to get my driver's license renewed last week:













Oh yeah, and I cut my hair. It looks crazy there 'cause I was running late and didn't have time to mess with it and well, it's a freakin' DMV photo. So far it's gotten very positive reviews. Everyone keeps saying how young and playful it and I guess, by association, I look.

I'm happy with it.

I'm carrying a bit of extra holiday/grief over solo weight. Just ten pounds but my favorite jeans were due to be replaced and were a bit tight so I got a size larger than I normally wear. My thinking was that I need to feel comfortable enough to move around in order to be motivated to lose the extra weight and that a girl should always have a pair of "fat" jeans in her closet anyway. My regular size was a bit uncomfortable anyway during PMS weeks. I don't need to punish myself for having gained a bit. CPG, of course, feels 100% the opposite - that I should have bought a size smaller even to motivate myself. I find that attitude tiresome.

8 Comments:

Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Meh. We all need a pair of fat jeans. Comfort is very important in my book, because I'm sorry, but if you look freaking hot, but can't breathe, move, eat, or anything else, how the heck are you going to feel good about looking good?

Your DL pic is pretty cute! For a DL pic, its pretty darned good! Mine is the same pic as when I was 17 and first go my lisence, wearing a coat that looks like a homeless person's. hehe I loved that coat- got it from the thrift store.

3:23 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

LOL, my jeans are never THAT tight! Did you not have to get a new license when you turned 21? I used to have this fabulous pink plaid 3/4 length coat with a fur collar that I got from goodwill. It was a GREAT coat :-)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Nope, mine didn't expire then. I got it at 17, and then I think I renewed it at 19 the first time. That one lasted until this last month (when I turned 25). And both renewals were done via snail mail or internet, so I never had a new picture taken. My Mom had the same pic on her lisense (from when she was 18) until about two years ago. I was just really excited to get the red bar off of mine so it wasn't a red flag that I might be under 21!

WOw! Pink plaid... hee hee I kind dig the mental image I'm getting!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

I can't believe your state doesn't require your weight on your license. Ours does and I can't wait to renew it - it's due for renewal by May - because I'll finally get to put a lower weight on it.

I looked like crap on the day I had my license photo taken because I was a fairly new mother, living in a new state. That was ages ago!

As for your brother, well, at least he's not up on felony larceny charges like my deadbeat brother!

11:00 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Tight pants? Sweats work for me!

9:47 AM  
Blogger barrie said...

I'm jealous that Debra's state doesn't make you update the photo every 4 years! They ask your weight Sally and this time I was honest and I asked the guy and although in real life I've lost a LOT since the last license according to their records I've gained ten pounds since I just lied last time ;-)

9:35 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

hehe Yeah, funny how we can have pics that are 30 years old, huh? Like for me, its not that big of a deal- I look like I did when I was 7- now ay you could mistake me for anyone else even in those pics!

The weight thing.. um.. yeah. Mine still have my weight from the end of high school. If I lose about xx pounds, I'll be at that weight again. hehe

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's how your hair looks when you don't have time to mess with it, you're a very lucky girl! I think the haircut is a really cute length and style, and it looks great on you. I'm glad you're happy with it, because your opinion is the one that really matters.

In AZ you don't have to renew your DL till you're 65, so whatever year that will be is the one listed for the exp. date. The only way to escape a bad pic is to "lose" your license and pay for a new one.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home