Sunday, January 22, 2006

Decadent

I know it is absurd. I know that. My brother pointed out that these things that I perceive as crazy luxuries (washer & dryer, cable, broadband, cell phone) are, to most people, almost actual necessities. Yesterday, I had the tv on watching What Not To Wear while I was chatting on the phone and checking out my new high speed connection and my cell phone rang. Very weird moment for me. I feel like I'm living in someone else's house. The only time I get to sit around and watch cable while I'm doing laundry is when I'm housesitting or something.

Yesterday was very stressful for me. I could not fall alseep on Friday worrying about the house being messy, potential problems with cable guy, etc. Very high anxiety level. Made me realize just how far I've really come since almost everything prompted that response a year ago.

Speaking of days gone by, the 'rents found some old photos (about 6 years ago?) from my friend N's wedding. This one is from the brunch the next day:
























Me, with super short hair with N's twin and my neighbor/friend, L. Before the MS, before S fired me, before the PS. Funny thing is that I know I was about 15 pounds heavier there but I think I look a lot better. Should I cut off all my hair again? Also, I really thought I was very relaxed and at ease but my body posture says NOT! Every one of the photos has me with my arms crossed tightly in front of me.

J is coming over later today to meet EC. I have some web stuff I need to do. Bunny to take care of as well. More cleaning since J is like totally organized and ocd - she's Swedish remember. Oh, and big sale at the used bookstore I like. 75% off marked price!

4 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

There's that ocd thing again ... hmmm.

12:36 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

LOL, I didn't mean any disrespect to the more organized folks in the world. It was really about my own feelings of inadequacy in the face of ocders :-)

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, crazy short hair! I'm just now growing mine out after years of short hair so I'll be the last to suggest you hack all yours off. How about something short, but in-between your current length and crazy-short? I hate the word "bob", but maybe something "bob-ish"?

p.s. I'm totally and insanely addicted to What Not To Wear. I love that show!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the word "bob", but maybe something "bob-ish"?

ROFL! Great suggestion about the in-between lenghth, but apparently Angie has forgotten your own classic use of the word "Bob"? Heh-heh-heh. Yeah, spend some time with Bob, and perhaps you'll realize you can feel great no matter what length you cut your hair?

Here's something to consider. The last time you cut your hair (because, may I remind you, you listened to somebody else's opinion and somehow decided it was more important than your own), you seemed upset about having cut it. For a change, why don't you just decide how YOU like it, how YOU want it to look, and make it that length. Anyone who doesn't like it -- well, they probably need to spend more time with Bob, to adjust their own attitude. ;>)

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home