Saturday, August 06, 2005

Better than a Victorian fainting couch...

SCIENTISTS looking for less controversial alternatives to stem cells from human embryos yesterday said they had found a potential source in placentas saved during childbirth.
Strom's team tested the cells in lab dishes, incubating them in various compounds, and got them to form into what looked like heart cells, nerve cells, liver cells and pancreatic cells.
It would make me very happy to have full sensation in my legs and feet again!


CPG and I have continued chatting in IM daily. I'm starting to see a few, small faults with him. That is probably good though, right? No one is perfect. For one thing, it would be nice if he were a teensy bit more successful. I know, that's awful. I don't mean that is an absolute neccessity but it would be nice. Then there is the fact that he seems perfectly happy in NYC and I would be absolutely miserable living in the city. That is a rather big problem. Sigh. Why couldn't he be independantly wealthy and live on a farm somewhere where it doesn't get too, too cold or too, too hot?

I just don't know how this could work out and it sucks 'cause, if I haven't mentioned it, I really like him.


Tomorrow is my first completely free day since June fourth! No wonder I'm exhausted and my legs are acting up! It's been over 90 with high, high humidity for a month and I haven't had a whole day to just veg in two freakin' months!

On the one hand it seems totally silly to turn down work just to sit around the house, especially when I might just be turning down one sit that only takes 45 minutes. But on the other hand, I totally feel like I am just hurtling toward extensive and perhaps permanent nerve damage (to the sumblers upon BIA, I've got MS.)

One of my problems with hiring an employee is that I just don't have the work to give them on a consistent basis. Maybe my solution is hire a part-timer and assure them one weekend a month of sits? Then I get to dip a toe in the water of having employees and I get a free weekend. Thoughts? And yes, it would have to be someone who doesn't actually need the money but that has been part of the problem all along, at least this would give them a consistent schedule.

I've also just picked up not one, not two but three web design projects. One of which is long term to permanent and should bring in an extra couple of hundred bucks a month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Any high school or college kids that would like to basically INTERN as a dog behaviorist? Probably not doing the house sitting unless the client was completely comfortable with it, but walking the dogs?

Cheap labor?!

8:05 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

NYC eh? The Mrs could not wait to get OUT of there ... oh well.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home