Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm still alive.

Things are pretty status quo. Just crazy busy. Tons of PS.

I fired a client this morning. Remember the S cat with the alarm that always goes off? She sent me an email saying, and I quote, that she refused to be held hostage by my policy that unless the client calls me to tell me they have returned from their trip I will return to make another visit on the same schedule. I always leave the call-by time on the note with the final bill. This is a completely industry standard policy and exists so that if the client is killed in a plane crash or stranded the animal continues to receive care so it doesn't work to rely on the person only calling you if they are unable to make it home on time because they can't exactly call and tell you that they were murdered.

I always explain this at the preliminary visit. I refer to it as the eaten by bears clause because that way you don't have to discuss more realistic things like planes crashing and such. Once I explain the concept to the client they are universally all in favor of it and I allow people to leave we're home messages on my voicemail in the middle of the night so they don't have to worry about waking up before 8 a.m. to get a message to me before I return to make the emergency visit.

She actually got really nasty about it in the way that people do when they can hide behind email and don't have to have a face to face confrontation. I make about twenty bucks every couple of months off of the cat and he's still grandfathered at the old rate so even if I did keep her as a client I was already planning on bumping all those clients to the current rates starting September 15 because of gas costs so it's hardly any big loss.

E sent another jrt pup to me for some work.

CPG took his second bird, a rehome, out for his first free flight in the park. I'm helping him put together a website with photos of his birds in the park. Currently it is only a placeholder page but it should be cool when we get it done. It's not completely unlike the DB really. Which I should get back to getting set up. It has pretty much fallen by the wayside.

I think I might take my bird out for her first intentional free flight on Saturday.

Otherwise, the turtle is fine; the dogs are fine; the bird is fine; I'm fine; CPG is fine; my mother is only mildly harassing me; the gas hike is killing my visit CPG in the big city fund; I have a *gasp* doctor's appointment on Monday.

5 Comments:

Blogger ShellyS said...

Well, that client sure sounds like a bitch. You were right to drop her. You'd think she'd be grateful you care so much about animals, including hers.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're incorporating your new personal interests with the rest of your life. Can't help but wonder what the *gasp* is about re: the appt. You should know better than to leave something like that to the imagination of your readers, don't you think? (!!!) ;)

Otis looks magnificent! I trust (and will hold good thoughts that) he knows how to avoid both RC airplanes AND errant softballs?! I look forward to progress in that site as well as the DB.

*HUGS*

11:00 PM  
Blogger anthonygrieco said...

Hey you should come over and see my tribute to German culture...

11:00 PM  
Blogger Pup said...

E sent another jrt pup to me for some work.


Who's this E person and why're they sending you to work for me?

I do have things for you to do though.

:)

4:07 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home