Thursday, September 01, 2005

This, that and...

First, everyone go wish Anthony a happy birthday! It's his day so don't leave mean, liberal comments, k?

Second, I sent Xingtone an email about using their software to get the bird back home. I was kind of angling for a free software upgrade or a t-shirt or something but they want to send out a press release about it!

The other, DTD tried to fuck with my life yesterday. I sent a client to him. I walk other dogs for this client every day. She's a sweetheart. DTD appears to be running up her bill just because she could potentially afford it and because it puts me in a difficult position which just makes him happy I guess. I called him to discuss it yesterday morning and he had someone with him so took the opportunity to run me down to the other person while I was on the phone with him so I could listen in. What a charmer. My first instinct was to try calling him later to discuss it with him when no one else was there or to email him saying that I really do not appreciate him treating me this way.

Then I thought about it. My life is going so well.
  1. A really fantastic guy who I really, really like a lot seems to feel the same way about me.
  2. Business is good. I have great clients who genuinely appreciate me.
  3. My bird flew to me from 50' up outside.
  4. I might wind up in the local paper or on the news for my attempt to train the bird to free fly outside.
  5. My health is stable.
So, life is good. Why the FUCK should I let DTD's repulsive negativity back into my life? I decided there was no reason I should. He's a sad man. Incapable of adult relationships. No offense to a blogger who is dear to my heart, but, all DTD cares about is power and control. Oddly both he and BTD are into Maslow's heirarchy. Odd because I think both of them believe they are high on the scale when actually they are still stuck in the lower levels.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Hmmm...the letters I had to type were "busryxh." That's bush, with some other letters tossed into the mix. How dare they use that word to verify anything on your blog? ;p)

Back to your post now: PLEASE.PLEASE.PLEASE say NOTHING more to what's-his-face about the situation -- but PLEASE DO get yourself written up in the paper (nationwide, if possible!) for the recall-with-ringtone thingy! Even if what's-his-face doesn't see it initially, the person he was bad-mouthing you to WILL see it, and will no doubt question him about it. How utterly delicious! This is the kind of thing that speaks to "Living well is the best revenge."

Oh, BTW, free publicity for you by way of that press release will end up being worth much more than a little bit of free software, won't it? :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

You're right. Everything sounds great. So don't bother with DTD. There's no need to tell him how annoyed you were because it won't really make a diffeence, he won't really care, and you are above that sort of thing. :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

Update: my client told me that DTD had totally run me down to her so I did wind up sending him an email saying that I didn't appreciate that. He called and we had a whole big, long conversation. Didn't settle anything really but he did give a semi-apology and I reiterated that I don't have any desire to deal with him in any way, shape or form.

I haven't heard back from Xingtone so I don't know if they sent out a press release or not.

Thanks for the support :-)

3:13 PM  
Blogger anthonygrieco said...

Fuck DTD. The world is full of the "self important" types that fancy themselves "leaders" or "alpha males" when they're really scared little closet gays...Most of the world is about power and control, me I just want control of my immediate environment for the good of those around me. When I had power and control, I was fair and treated people right, and those who came against us were dealt with. There are so many people who don't have a clue and read all that power and deception and "art of war" bullshit and always have an agenda. These kind of folks actually have no clue what they want or why. Someone has to have control of certain situations in our lives, trouble is those who don't need to have power end up with it. The less we help them get that power the better off the world is. SO do your best to "unseat" idiots like this by pushing your own interests and taking care of you and your folks, clients etc...

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home