Friday, November 04, 2005

Whew

As Ms. A.R. predicted, today is a new day. I had a major Alltell problem yesterday but I calmly spent 45 minutes dealing with them this morning and while it is almost undoubtedly not going to help my credit rating that I dispute these charges at least it isn't going to interfere with my regular service or put me in the poor house.

In the middle of the Alltell problems yesterday my computer also started going bonkers but that also seems to have remedied itself. And Blogger wouldn't let me post this photo:



To a client's blog. The dog on the left is the client's dog that I am training. She called me Wednesday morning because she was convinced that her dog had eaten my bird and I was furious with her. This is the rescue dog who is supposedly viscious with other dogs (middle dog is my malinut, Pug is a client's) and runs away all the time. He's got a 20' long line on but the other end isn't attached to anything, just there in case I need to grab him. The bird could fly anywhere she wants to but always flies right back to me. I take a really pathetic amount of confidence from the bird training thing and knowing that only about a hundred people in the country fly their pet birds outside.

But c'mon, four dogs (the other Pug did not feel like being photographed yesterday) for all intents and purposes off leash in a public park holding a stay while a bird flies over their heads? And the bird is obeying a recall cue from me? And this was after walking 5 other dogs with the bird sitting on my shoulder (yes, Brian I am now the pirate's pet sitter, dammit!)

Anyway, makes me feel cool.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome picture! I can't get over how cool it is that you fly your bird AND she comes back. I've spent years training Gracie and she STILL doesn't have a particularly reliable recall. Silly terriers.

Sorry to be MIA lately...

10:55 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

BEAST MASTER MISTRESS!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Wow! You really are amazing!

(can you tell you impress the hell out of us?)

2:49 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

You guys are just saying that 'cause I made such a to do about it - not that it's not sweet :-)

mdhm, I'm actually managing a site for BTD with the domain beastmistress.com. No joke!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

lol And there she goes downplaying our admiration.. hehe

Wanna trade me lives for like a week?

6:43 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

Well, I basically demanded some +R so yeah, it does call its validity into question. Since you're not getting regular sex either, uh, gonna have to say NO ;-)

Except that then you'd have to finish this stupid site so ummm well, sure!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

lol We both need laid, huh?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

And you ARE cool. 'Nuff said!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home