Thursday, October 27, 2005

the barbarians are at the door

The PH aluminum siding guys have been upgraded (downgraded?) to barbarian status. I will be so happy when they are done. The absence of a negative is a postive.

Mother, however, genuinely redeemed herself last night. My brand new printer, the one I bought to replace the one that didn't work? Well, it isn't working. So I needed their printer to print out copies of the lgd logo to use as templates to carve these pumpkins...the answer to number two from last night's post btw is Home Depot...who woulda thunk? Anyway, I went to print the logos, she fixed steak, oven fries and salad...yum...then I brought one of the pumpkins in to check the size of the printed logo and she said, "this is going to take you forever, bring them in and let us help you." If not for that? I would have been still cleaning out pumpkins at 3 am and undoubtedly in tears. It took t0ok the three of us about an hour to clean out a dozen pumpkins.

And the dremel pumpkin carving?





















It looks okay. Don't worry, it looks a lot better in the dark illuminated from within. I think it will get easier and faster and have better results as I continue doing them. We shall see. Be forewarned that the dremel spits pumpkin goop in a several foot radius.

CPG said something last night that led me to believe he regrets ending things. 'Course he's on big time pain killers for a possibly herniated disc so who knows. Again, we shall see.

I'm off to shower the pumpkin goop out of my hair.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pup said...

You're still talking to that guy?

Not that I'm commenting or anything.. well, I guess I am commenting since this is the comment section, but not saying either way about the continued communication...

Nevermind. All this packing tape fumes is getting to me.

12:07 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

I'm actually going to be using the dremmel for the kids pumpkins. Great idea really. Of course, I'll just be hacking holes in them and not trying to re-create the mona lisa in a new medium.

12:30 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

You're still talking to that guy?

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting "loser" tattooed on my forhead just in case anyone has any question about it ;-)

Packing tape has fumes?

Of course, I'll just be hacking holes in them and not trying to re-create the mona lisa in a new medium.

Uh, that's 'cause you're sensible. What fun is that?!? Isn't it more fun to come up with some crazy, basically undoable idea then stress yourself out trying to accomplish it?

3:08 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Good grief! You've made me want to go geta pumpkin and try my hand at an inverting sculpture... *shakes head* I haven't even carved a pumpkin since.. I was 10? Wow.

Loser tattooed across your forehead will probably work quite well in reminding everyone who sees it of all the people they feel deserve that same tattoo. As for a personal statement, meh. Be more creative. :)

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just struck me that maybe the reason this pic is just a little blurry is that your hands were still vibrating from using the dremel to carve 4 pumpkins? Made me laugh. :>D

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home