Monday, January 09, 2006

Thanks a lot, universe

EC seems to be settling in fairly well. It's so sad. She doesn't seem to understand what perches are for much less the birdie bunk. She either sits on the floor of the cage or clings to the sides.

When I was setting things up to pick up EC yesterday I got an email about a rescue dog with 3 puppies in need of transportation. I thought this was happening last weekend and since part of the route coincided with my route to pick up EC and I felt like I needed to do something to even out the universe handing me a new bird, I offerred to help transport the dogs.

Turns out that this isn't happening until NEXT weekend, the 14th and 15th. Well, since I had already offered I couldn't very well say, "oh no now it's an actual inconveience for me, universe!" So, I am still covering the Elizabethtown to Florence route. But, there are still quite a few stretches in the Pennsylvania/New York sections that still need to be filled.

So, if anyone wants to help out these dogs and get in good with the universe, email me and I will put you in contact with the coordinator.

This is the section of the route that still needs people to agree to help:

*LEG8> Wheeling, WV to New Stanton, PA - 71 Miles (NEED!)
1 hour 8 minutes (depart 6:45pm)


OVERNIGHT NEEDED AROUND LEGS 8-10 !!!


*LEG9> New Stanton, PA to Bedford, PA - 74 Miles (NEED!)
1 hour 17 minutes

*LEG 10> Bedford, PA to Carlisle, PA - 87 Miles (NEED!)
1 hour 28 minutes

*LEG 11> Carlisle, PA to Frackville, PA - 77 Miles (NEED!)
1 hour 15 minutes

LEG12> Frackville, PA to Scranton, PA - 63 Miles ~filled~
1 hour 5 minutes

*LEG13> Scranton, Pa to Milford, PA - 53 Miles (NEED!)
1 hour

*LEG13a> Milford, PA to Newburgh, NY - 44 Miles (NEED!)
45 minutes

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Sorry CC - I thought you had mentioned that the new bird was a boy ... but it's a girl. Whoops!

Well then ... what a Beautiful Girl!

__

Mia doesn't like her tent, although she'll put toys in it and play through it. She will NOT sleep in it. And she only likes rope perches or her special cement perch. She sleeps on her cement perch with one foot touching the fleecy that I made her. Wood just doesn't do it for her. Unless it's wrapped in VetWrap.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Make that, "ms. a.r. screeeeamed..."

"OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOOOO!!!"

I got the day and date mixed up in my head, and completely forgot that yesterday was JANUARY 9TH ... Please forgive me for not wishing you a

~*~*~*HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!~*~*~*~

on the proper date. I'm SOOO sorry to have let the day pass without a proper greeting! Well, I'm sending love and hugs your way now, and wishing you an abundance of love, happiness, health and wealth. I really hope you can forgive my forgetfulness.
*whimpers pitifully in attempt to garner sympathetic response*

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-oh...If I shouldn't have specifically listed the date (you know, the anon factor and all that), could you please edit the post? I'd ask 'what else can I screw up?', but I feel certain the Universe would be all too quick to give me an answer. ;>D

6:24 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Well shoot. They are going through the middle of nowhere in Pennsyltucky. If I wanted to drive 150 mile to START ... naw. Sorry.

1:48 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

Jess, EC is probably a boy but I decided that since I already own littlegreenDIVA.com that I am just going to use feminine pronouns :)

That's weird that Mia only likes her foot conditioning perch! S almost never used that one even though it was the most convenient to eat from.

LOL Ms. A.R. you're right that the 9th was "the day" and actually one of the nicer ones I've had in years so alls well that ends well, no?

Oh well mdmh, it was worth a shot ;-)

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bird was dna tested to be a boy but for some reason our hero is having a hard time with this fact. it maight be afact but its not her truth or somesuch

7:38 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

heroINE, thank you very much and I don't even need DNA proof ;-)

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note for "Anonymous": In this fun little world where you can pretend to be nameless, and I can call myself "Ms A.R." -- and none of us can know with certainty what's truth or fiction -- I think it's OK for our heroine to use some artistic license in keeping with her new domain name, don't you? :>)

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home