Sunday, January 08, 2006

Whip it, whip it good!*

For a bird who has never been handled, I am absolutely amazed at how docile EC is. I borrowed Daddy's vehicle to drive to Columbus (I did 202 miles in 2.5 hours on the way up but man I am sick of being in the car - started at 10:00 am and didn't get home until 6:30 pm) so I took EC out of the carrier at Mom and Dad's when I picked Bubba back up and got Mom to take this quick photo for me. If you had tried to reach in and grab S like that you would have wounds to clean afterwards but EC just seemed to shrug although he did do several tight circles over our heads when I first opened the carrier.

Seeing the full flight feathers really is a kick for me. They are a much darker blue than I thought they would be. I think EC is smaller than S was but M&D think the opposite. It'll be interesting to see when I get him on the scale. I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

*Ms. A.R. suggested Divo as a name and that made me think of Devo and I've had it in my head all day!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger ShellyS said...

Aw, what a sweetie. :)

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous! I know it had to make a big difference that you gained so much confidence in handling S. You know, you already trained yourself not to be afraid of getting nipped, scratched or startled. I'm so glad it's starting off so well, and really look forward to hearing how he fits into your family.

9:35 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

Poor little EC doesn't seem to understand about perches much less the birdie bunk. I checked on her several times last night and each time she was clinging to the side of the cage. This morning EC was squatting in the food bowl but has tenatively beaked several things in the cage. I rolled the cage in next to my computer so EC can hang out with the dogs and me this morning.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Beautiful Boy!

Congratulations!!!!!!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home