Sunday, September 11, 2005

I think I might puke.

I'm taking the bird out in a little while to a local Arboretum to do her first official free flight. This has, ironically, created tons and tons of controversy on the email lists which exist specifically to discuss free flying one's birds outside. You would *think* that would be a perfetly safe place to discuss this sort of thing but oh well.

It is now the job of one tiny (64 grams!), green bird to create a whole new meaning for this particular date.

I plan to audblog from the field regardless of whether the experiment is a success or failure.

I'm at least as nervous as I used to be about agility trials. Ok, a lot more 'cause the worst that can happen at an agility trial is you flunk. The worst that could happen with this is that I could never see her again or she could get eaten by a hawk or...

Jeezus.

6 Comments:

Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I left a comment on Solo's blog. :D

4:57 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I'm interested in how the flight went.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Aww, she'll be okay!

11:05 AM  
Blogger barrie said...

We saw Debra, thanks :-) Isn't she the best bird, ever???

Titanium, check out the bird's blog, there are pictures and everything ;-)

She was and she is, Sally - man it feels weird to call you that!

2:46 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

You know, it's strange what causes so much stress in comparison to what SHOULD cause stress ... like a little storm or something erasing everything you own from the planet. Really, don't worry about it ... just go with the flow.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I think its freaking awesome! I'd be terrified to even try it, let alone do it and here you are doing it!

I mean I had a parakeet once that came to me by way of an uncle who had this keet flying around his yard for weeks til one day it came in for a landing, happy and friendly as could be.. but nope. Too scary for me! (And I'd never keep up with training and bonding and whatnot so the bird would say "Yeah! I'm free!")

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home