Friday, September 30, 2005

I am honestly humbled...

...by the truly wonderful people I am fortunate enough to have in my life. Today could have been a really awful day. I'm out two hundred bucks. Well, okay, I canceled the ticket so I think with the change fee and orbitz fee I have like $50 left to use on a Northwest ticket before December 27th. I'm humiliated that someone I truly cared about cared so little about me that ultimately he didn't even want to see me again. I'm heartbroken that someone who so briefly meant so very, very much to me is suddenly out of my life. I will miss him. I'm depressed that for a few days I thought I was going on this wonderful weekend adventure and now I am going to spend the weekend here, sleeping, reading, eating ice cream. Lots and LOTS of ice cream. So, today could have been really awful. It wasn't. I went and walked dogs. And every client? Every single client of mine did something nice for the trip I am not going on. Two clients paid me for this week and next week and left little notes saying they hoped I had a great time and they just wanted to make sure I had pocket money for NY. One client fixed me this absolutely incredible lunch. Two clients hugged me and told me how sorry they were that I wasn't going. My brother stayed up on the phone with me last night and let me vent. Team CC has called and sent supportive (and funny) emails.

So, today sucks a little. But I am so lucky to have people around me to remind me that I deserve someone in my life who wants me for me.

7 Comments:

Blogger anthonygrieco said...

Well I wish you still would have been able to see NY a little, just for the experience. I guess it's better you found out now than later on, oh well. I've been dumped and screwed over enough to be a pro at it myself so hope you at least got some kind of "learning experience" out of the deal. You seemed so much happier...

6:22 PM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better about yourself. Your team is here and will always be here for you, even if members drop out and others join.

And some guys are just jerks.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't quite know what to say, except that I'm glad you're letting yourself feel the love that's coming your way. What the others said here is all just perfect. Try to relax and breathe, OK? And feel these hugs: (((CC)))

P.S. There's a name reference on this page that needs pixelating. ;>)

8:27 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

Thanks Becca, I heart reese's bits! But I'm still sick that I cut my hair :-(

Anthony, I've been to NY bunches of times. My brother wanted me to come anyway and stay with him but I just did not feel like it this weekend.

Thanks Shelly, I'm sorry that I didn't get to meet you!!! I will go up at some point to see my brother so maybe then :-)

Ms. A.R., Otis? That's fine, I think I'll even finish his site this weekend so he can get his damn $2,000 camera. He's in a worse funk than I am and has been for a while.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, CC, I meant the *name* in Becca's comment. Good for you, finishing the bird site. Business is business, right? No sense letting a haircut bug you., either. There must have been something in you that wanted it cut, so enjoy discovering that part. You couldn't look bad even if you had NO hair, so why not try just enjoying a new 'do?

10:33 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Aww sweetie! I wish I could be there to hug you and spend some time just listening and talking.

I am glad you found out now though and not later... things going to hell in a handbasket always sucks, but I promise you'll survive.

Even in the (some odd) months I've been reading your blog, you are becoming stronger and more positive towards yourself.

And the hair? You're beautiful! And if you really hate it, it *will* grow out again. :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger barrie said...

Becca, don't worry about it, Anthony does it from time to time and with the city in Canada the name doesn't rank high on google or anything :-)

Debra, I wish you were here so I could vent too!!!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home