Friday, October 21, 2005

Random



Very rough. This is kind of my method. I started with only a plain green background then added all this. Now I'll start taking stuff out. Messing with the colors. I think it might be, gasp, too much pink? Flash navigation, drag an object (there are six all together) to The Diva (I decided not to use her real name, just call her The Diva), she holds the binoculars to her eyes and says, "wanna do some bird watching?" or whatever. CPG does a ton of voices and has one for The Diva.

Yeah, I'm still talking to him a bunch. Not exactly sure why. I miss having him as a boyfriend. A lot. But, I think I just miss having a boyfriend more than I miss having him as a boyfriend. Not that he was much of a boyfriend but it was dipping my toe in, ya know?

Other news: one of my client's dogs died yesterday. The one who had the birthday party last weekend. It was, to some extent, traumatic. In a weird way it gave me closure on a dog I lost when I first got sick though. Long story but I didn't get to say goodbye to him and I guess it has always bothered me more than I realized. Both of them were slightly dreadful dogs.

I had to have the mole I got removed excised on Wednesday so now I've got a three inch gash in my back with stitches and everything. Hurts.

Very busy on website stuff for some realtors and for BTD. Emailed back and forth with DTD a bit.

Life persists.

4 Comments:

Blogger ShellyS said...

The graphic is adorable. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Sorry about the doggy.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Ditto on a little too much pink- I like the way its starting and it goes with your style beautifully; that much pink on the buttons does distract from The Diva though. Maybe using transparencies and toning the nav circles down to say 20% opacity until they are moused over, then have them go 100%?

Sounds like you've got things in order, more or less. *sigh* I'm still puzzled over this boy business..lol.

2:56 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

I'm sorry about the dog too Shelly :-( The stupid thing is that this morning I dropped of the other dog before they were home and left her with the son and didn't even think to go ahead and pack up all the dog's stuff from his corner so the owner didn't have to do it herself or ask the son to or something...I dunno, maybe she wanted to do it herself but I felt like a heel when she emailed me about how sad it made her to pack it up after they got home :-(

LOL Debra, GMTA! Boys are just puzzling me thinks ;-)

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think your choice to let the woman handle the dog's belongings herself was wise. It's a tough thing to handle the belongings of any loved one who passes, but it's also an important part of saying goodbye. I'm sure if she had asked you to clean up the dog's things, you would have done so. And unless she had asked, you couldn't know whether she would have liked the help, or whether it would have been perceived as an intrusion. It's natural that she'd express sadness -- and it doesn't mean you did anything wrong. If you have any lingering doubt about this, just give it a little time. I bet you'll find a chance to tell her that you felt bad leaving the task for her to handle, but that you wanted to respect her right to say goodbye to the pup in her own way and time.

As usual, I can't say anything concisely, but I hope you get that I think you handled it exactly right.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home