Friday, December 30, 2005

and we have agitation!

Not the bad kind. The washing machine kind! I don't think anyone understands how happy it makes me to have a washer and dryer. It only took two days, about a dozen phone calls and 3 favors to get it up and running. I am doing my first load (pinks, what else?) as I type this.

Otherwise though I seem to be in a bit of a funk. I think it is year end/year beginning stuff. I just have the blahs.

I've never liked New Year's Eve. As a hard drinking relative of mine used to say, New Year's Eve and St. Patrick's Day are for amatuers. I'm the one who never drinks or goes out on NYE and hence gets called at 3 a.m. to give some acquaintance a ride home from a party. NYE and birthdays are never actually fun because there is just too much pressure to HAVE FUN on them. Nothing can live up to that.

So, I bought some favorite treats, a new Dana Stabenow novel (Kate Shugak is back baby!) and my only plan is to give myself a pedicure with a kit I got for Christmas.

I hope you guys get to do what you enjoy doing for NYE.

Oh, and I have a post holiday card for everyone. I'm missing Debra's, Jessica's, mdmh's, Angie's (new), and Pup's (new) addresses. So, if you want your cards, send me your info.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gave me a giggle there -- good agitation. Just like there can be good friction, eh? ;>)

I'm happy for you having your own w&d! Think of all the time you'll save, and your clothes also won't be percolating in the germs of everybody else who uses the laundromat. (Can you tell how much I dislike my own dependence on public laundry facilities?) Yay for you!

I hope you'll enjoy your NYE. I think there's nothing wrong with some quality time at home. You might enjoy it even more if you decide in advance that all those out on the party scene can CALL A TAXI if they get too sloshed to drive home. You're a pet-sitter, not a drunk-sitter, right? However you enjoy the last night of this year, I'm sending all possible good wishes for 2006. <3 and hugs to you!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Pup said...

Ha, that's funny. That's what I call NYE too.

Amature night for partiers.

I'm with ya. I think I'm just gonna get with a couple of friends and play board games. Sure love them board games... :)

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get our card? you should have the new address then. let me know if you never got it.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home