Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Angst-mas indeed!

I actually had a lovely time with J (gave me the bird) when I went to visit the other night. We hung out with her birds for a bit then, when it appeared she didn't have anything better to do, I invited her out for coffee. We had a good time. She was complaining that she has a horrible time trying to make friends. It was all I could do not to say, "Good! Now I can monopolize all your time and we can be best friends!"

Don't worry, I restrained myself.

Really, my delightful and caring clients are the only thing keeping me from the deep end right now. I know it's just a bad time and it will go away and be fine again but that doesn't actually make it a whole lot less icky for the here and now.

I can feel the lexapro helping. Well, the lex and that I've come out on the other side of this stuff before. I've just got to get through Christ...er...ANGSTmas and then it'll smooth out from there I'm sure.

In the meantime, mdmh stuck me with the five weird habits stick.

I'm too messy/slobby/lazy to have a lot of OCDish habits.

1. I kiss my fingers and hit the roof of the car, saying "no cops" anytime I run a red light. I've never gotten a ticket for running a red light.

2. I cannot fall asleep without reading first. Even if I've been drinking and am all but passed out it is seriously unusual for me not to read myself to sleep.

3. I make a wish if I happen to notice it is 11:11 and I keep wishing until 11:12.

4. I hate bookmarks. I always dogear. It is very intentional.

5.

I can't think of anything else! Since I only got 4/5ths of the meme done, I'll only stick two people with it: Pup and Debra, consider yourselves stuck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I often have the urge to blurt out "Good, now I can have you all to myself," or "I want to be your bestest friend!" to people. I dont, though. Somehow I wonder if they sense my neediness and it drives them off? Every time I meet someone I think could be a good friend, they start to get distracted by other things/people in their life and drift away. *sniffle*

9:34 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Friend collection ... start your own deck today!

12:17 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

I wish you lived closer Sally. Then we could be needy and pathetic together ;-)

LOL mdmh!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I haven't even been home and it seems everyone has no internet all of a sudden.

I'm working on the meme now, but geez! I've already stolen two of your responses, word for word. We're like peas in a pod or something.

I really, really hope you're feeling better and things are looking up for you babe- the holidays are just an excuse to be depressed I think.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home