Wednesday, December 28, 2005

busybusybusy

Numbness: basically gone but I fell walking dogs yesterday and have messed my right pinky finger up. I don't think it's broken but it huwts. A lot.

Christmas: no fights, very little stress. I made Flying Spaghetti Monster crackers for Christmas Eve. Pirate hats, teeny dinosaurs, bubbles and pirate action figures. I'm going to send a photo in for "sightings". I felt very hip.

Online: DTD wants a new website. My rules are that he cannot be unpleasant to me and that he can't harrass me to get it done. CPG is gone until after the new year. I've got to get BTD's site up. The design is just so dreadful I can barely stand to do it.

Other: I genuinely love to do laundry. It's the only household task I really like. I don't have a washer or dryer. Haven't in more than ten years. I hate the laundromat. It's depressing. A friend of mine knows someone who needs to get rid of one and I found someone who can go get it, haul it over here and get it set up for me. But all of this has to take place tomorrow which means I have to get everything out of the way in the utility room and generally get the house straightened up so I won't be mortified when they come in to install the washer and dryer. With a hurt finger. Deadlines are good though. They make things get done.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually pretty amazing to me that you made it this many months, managing multiple dogs on your walks, without getting injured sooner. Sadly, even Wonder Woman still lives in a flesh-and-blood body. ;)

Sorry to know you're in pain, and I hope your finger will heal quickly. Maybe you could try a leather utility glove on your leash hand? Some are soft enough that they're not too bothersome, and might also protect your fingers. Working with gloves might feel a little clumsy at first, but would be preferable to trying to work with a cast or a splint on your hand, eh?

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh! Apparently I can't even read a post properly to see it wasn't the leashes, but a fall that hurt your pinky... Well, I'm glad you didn't damage any other body parts! Sending warm wishes for safe travels.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hi sweetie! For some reason, I felt like popping in and seeing what was up in your world. A lot!

I am so sorry about your baby - I was absolutely devastated to hear that, and I shared it with Chris. It's just awful and sad. But you gave her a wonderful life - more than most can do with a feathered friend. I really look up to you a lot. You're an amazing woman!

And I'm also sorry to hear that your sx have been troubling you. Seems like that's going around a lot this time of year. I think I've finally gotten over mine - which started in Vegas (being awfully sick with a fever didn't help! and only made the flare worse).

Keep your chin up, sweetie. I really miss talking to you, too! I'll try to be around more often for you. And if you still have my email at work, you know I'm always here for you.

And I KNOW that I have yours somewhere ... must search ... :)

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -- If Jessica was in Vegas, does that mean something special happened there?? (I mean besides getting sick, of course!) I've been wondering for so long, with no updates to be found at her inactive space. I sure hope some Congrats and Best Wishes are in order.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Just leaving my mark... there's an email headed your way!

Weird WV below - "if ham want"... what does ham want?

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home