Thursday, November 24, 2005

Tryptophan

Very strange dream last night involving lesbians, a used bookstore, 2 grocery stores, dogs, a small town, high school teachers and car insurance. Seriously weird.

My mother's dog almost ate my bird yesterday. Rather alarming. I was extremely calm about it. Based on everyone else's reactions the Lexapro is definitely having a positive effect.

A few weeks ago there was an announcement I am too lazy to look back up to link to about tryptophan's positive effects on MS. Tryptophan increases seratonin. Lexapro inhibits the uptake of seratonin meaning that it gets to float around in my brain longer. You can buy trptophan supplements over the counter but I've had no luck finding them and I'm frankly a tiny bit worried about taking it since I had such a dreadful reaction to the 10mg Lexapro dosage. I suppose I am going to order some just to see what if anything it does to me.

Anyway, enjoy your natural tryptophan. Remember that your family isn't as dreadful as you think. And watch at least fifteen minutes of the parade.

8 Comments:

Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

That is weird... the dream bit. As for the rest, hopefully things will continue to be in improvement for you and keep you a little more cheerful. :)

Signed, the non-Domestic Goddess. hehe

6:07 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Uff-Da! Sounds like a public service announcement. Not the lesbian grocery stores serving high-school dog teachers their car insurance bills for crasing into a used book store part though.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day has slipped away, and now I have to rush. I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving, and pray the only bird that actually got eaten by anyone (human OR canine) was a turkey! I've been anxious about the possibility of any of the doggies in your world suddenly remembering they are dogs, and making a quick morsel of The Diva...I hope the near-miss with your mother's dog will serve as just a reminder of that latent possiblity. Love and hugs to you, and though it's nearly over in KY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

10:32 PM  
Blogger barrie said...

So, no pie baking Deb?

Umm, that wasn't quite the plot mdmh ;-)

I keep forgetting that my mother's dog is so incredibly badly behaved Ms. A.R. :-( I've already decided the bird will not be visiting their home again. She is never unsupervised with my dogs and they really don't care about her at all at this point.

12:38 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Damn, there goes that fantasy.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Oh I baked... two of them. Never, ever again too! lol

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hi sweetheart. I'm sorry that I fell off the face of the earth. I fell off the face of everything, actually.

Your post drew my attention, too, so I wanted to add this link for you and everyone. It's the list of 999 foods that are highest in tryptophan. Spinach is #1 amazingly.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-000079000000000000000.html

I'm sorry to hear that everything hasn't been okey-dokey with you. I think of you often and please know that I'm still around, just blog-less!

Big Hugs - your friend, Jess

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about:
two high school teachers (lesbians who also own a bookstore and frequently go to two different grocery stores because their dog loves a mixture of two different kind of foods which are only sold at the separate stores) were peacefully walking along a street in their small town until their dog saw a man (a hard core republican car insurance salesman who loves Bush and refused to sell the lesbians any insurance) and chased him down the street.

that's it, isn't it?

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home