Monday, March 13, 2006

A real grownup date!

Saturday Bluegrass Musician took me out for a really nice dinner at a pretty good and very popular restaurant and then to see Hayseed Dixie a totally kickass bluegrass band that does covers of classic rock. Seriously, you haven't heard Zeppelin unless you've heard it on a banjo.

He was SO NICE. The look of horror on his face when I asked if I could please pay for my dinner was comical:

me: Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you should always have to pay for stuff, that's hardly fair to you.
him: But I consider it an honor.
me: That's so sweet but will you at least let me pay for the show?
him: I already bought the tickets online when you said you would go out with me.
me: You're totally getting a goodnight kiss.

He is, oddly, a lot cuter than the photos in his profile. Yeah, usually goes the other way, I know. I sent him an email yesterday morning saying thanks, I had a great time and he called in the afternoon because he said he was worried that he hadn't actually conveyed to me what a good time he had and how much he would like to see me again.

The funny thing? The buddhist/mason was also at the show. He came over to watch Hitch on Friday then stayed most of Saturday and even helped me pick out an outfit to wear on my date with another guy.

Have to say, really enjoying the regular sex thing.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

Yay! Sounds like good times.

11:20 AM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm so glad you're having fun. A social life is a nice thing to have. :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I am brimming with happiness for you!!!!

Keep the glow - it looks great on you!

4:25 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Damn woman, you are happy and having a good time!? What's wrong? ;)

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kenna said...

You are following in my footsteps - I'm so proud!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, CC!

10:04 AM  
Blogger T - Another Geek Girl said...

happy St. Patty's day!

Sounds like you had fun.
Let him pay.
Time with you is worth it ;)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home