Friday, July 28, 2006

72 and rainy

The yard dude saga continues. I fired the most recent one about two weeks ago because I had paid ahead and when I said that we were caught up so I didn't owe him anything that week he argued with me and refused to believe me even when I showed him the check and a calendar. He got kind of nasty when I told him that I didn't want him to mow, then or ever. The boyfriend wanted me to buy a mower so he could just do it but that just didn't seem like a particularly good idea. Things are okay on both new, new yard dude (5 bucks cheaper and much nicer to deal with plus he does a better job) and the boyfriend front. Before EC went awol I already had adding a new pack (or flock) member in the works. If all goes well, Q will arrive the first week of August. It's a little bittersweet because I still hold out hope that EC will find his/her way home and I wonder if I should even be allowed to have another bird after The Diva and EC.

Business is good, J and I have been getting together at least once a week and I am very much enjoying the friendship and even seem to be getting to be pals with another client which is nice as well as renewing my friendship with two high school friends. So, that's all good. Everything is pretty good. I just feel a bit blah. It's been very, very hot here so maybe that's it?

7 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

And there we are. Exactly why I do my own yardwork.

On the bird front, there is someone I think you should meet: http://www.livejournal.com/users/_xis/

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Yikes, it's nearly 90s here this morning and it's not even 11AM yet.

I'm glad things are going well for you.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting to get a post from you so soon after instituting my little plan! I must have been boring enough all on my own, huh? :-) 104* with thunderclouds gathering here. (Won't likely see 72* again till at least November.)

Is it possible that you've been so accustomed to drama and upset that your system can't yet quite appreciate the relative calm of things going well? Give yourself a chance to readjust, and maybe you'll even learn to love having things go your way.

I don't know exactly what to say about the bird issue. The connection you seem to have with them makes me think they must be really positive for you emotionally. Is there any chance you could enjoy having them do indoor flying and recall? Maybe for birds with a potential for such long lives, the chance for a close relationship with a human, in an environment safe from predators, could have as much value as the opportunity to "fly free." Perhaps providing a safe, loving environment with quality interaction has more value than you've thought? (Apparently that's what I think. Does it make any sense to you?)

I can understand you not wanting to get your boyfriend involved in doing your yardwork (b/c what if he did a lousy job? Tough to draw lines between personal and business). But how sweet is it that he'd want to do it or even offer? Very sweet, indeed! *happy sigh* Thanks for the post!

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh -- I forgot to tell you something. I read that Mercury was in retrograde for 24 days, and came out yesterday (Fri, the 28th). Maybe that explains your blahs better for you -- and maybe better things are on the way?

1:39 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

lol @ "Q". Everytime I hear that song I think of the scene in the movie when that song is playing... of course it's Denzel in that movie. hehe

A lot of people are really blah lately- I'm blaming something cosmic- weather, stars, something.

I agree on the bird front with AR. They do seem to do you a lot of good. :)

Stop by my blog once in a while if you have time. *hugs*

6:50 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

POKE***!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

*poke poke*

Where are you? I miss you! It's been months and months and months since you've surfaced, unless you've gone incognito yet again... hehe

Give me a hollar, huh, hon? My blog moved a bit, but the old link you have will tell you where to go.

*hugs*

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home