Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Life is good

I was thinking about this the other day. I used to post at least once a day, often I posted several times a day. I wasn't actually doing anything that I might want to write about. I was just working through the last 15 years of life's little struggles. Now I'm actually out doing stuff all the time. Averaging two dates a week. The house is basically clean and tidy - or at least as much as it can be with a slobby person in charge of three dogs and a parrot. I go out to dinner. I go to the movies. I go to plays and concerts and poetry readings. Business is good. I've been cooking quite a bit.

In all I would say I am pretty much healed. I still see mother about once a week and talk with DTD every couple of months. CPG and I IM regularly. Oh, and EC is now officially an outdoor free flying bird!






































I actually wanted to set up a new blog with just a photo a day so that when this lovely time of being active and happy is over I'll have stuff to reflect over but I'm just too busy/lazy to manage to even do that.

I will say that as I scootch the negative people in my life over to make room for good stuff, other negative people try to wedge themselves into my life. I'm having that problem with L/N/S (L/N are twins I've known forever and S is L's totally nonfunctional boyfriend) So, I'm learning how to set some limits for people in my life. Or at least trying to.

Bluegrass Musician has been out of the picture for the last month although he's started emailing me again in the last few days. The Buddhist is still in the picture although there's somewhere I'm working on setting some limits. There is also The Photographer but I didn't talk to him at all last week. I don't think he can cope with the dogs and bird.

So, still haven't met Mr. Right but I'm having a damn good time looking for him.

13 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

hmmm, I've sluffed off some Negs over the years too. I've got a full plate these days and sometimes, you gotta let ppl succeed or fail on their own merits.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

I've wondered where you were and I'm glad your lack of posts mean you've been filling your days well.

11:20 AM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

Glad to hear you're having fun and enjoying life and yourself. Life's too short for negativity.

Much as I love reading daily posts from you, I'd rather you be enjoying yourself. :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I think Shelly just summed it up nicely. I wish I had half of my ducks in a row as neat as yours seem to be getting into!

Miss you!

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've taken control of your life - Good job!

Angie gave me a pad of Post-Its that said "When You're Looking
For Mr. Right....Just Be Sure His First Name Isn't Always!"

The child knows her Father to a tee!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I am so proud of you, CC. You've come such a long way since I first met you.

Keep enjoying!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

PS - Mia started flying again yesterday! Her flights are completely all grown out yet, but Quakers don't need too much to get good air. She has great distance & aim, too! All the way from her stand in the livingroom to the perch on her cage door (in a completely different room through two doorways)!!!

Chris & I are overjoyed!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You sound fantastic!!!

And, yes, if you met my father...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Kenna said...

You go, girl!

So glad to hear that you're setting aside the negative to make room for the positive. It's hard work, but you are up for the challenge.

Congratulations.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...It's June 27, and your last post was May 10. I really miss getting to peek in on your world. I hope you're doing great!
Sending lots of love your way.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

What Ms. A.R. said!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I was just thinking that too- we miss you! I might end up running up the phone bill here and giving you a call if you don't give us a tidbit here soon!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July, CC! (I think you celebrate "Independence Day" every day, so wishing you that would be a tad redundant. ha ha) Anyway, I hope you've had a wonderful day!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home